Practical Spectrum Monitoring Measurements
This course gives an introduction to practical spectrum monitoring measurements. Delegates will follow practical examples to illustrate the limitations of spectrum monitoring measurements. During practical measurements of the RF environment the delegates are taught the demonstrated techniques.
After completing the training delegates will be able to perform practical spectrum monitoring measurements under real-life conditions and understand the limitations in the RF field. They will also be able to make estimations of expected measurement results, judging the quality of the measurements performed and planning measurement campaigns.
Regulatory authorities’ staff members supposed to execute spectrum monitoring measurements.
- Overview of spectrum monitoring tasks
- Selecting equipment according to the actual task
- Distinguishing between real signals and intermodulation products
- Limitations due to the real-life environment
- Basic measurements
- Practical measurement on FM broadcast-/DVB-T-transmitters
- Different usage of homing and direction finding
- Locating transmitters using different methods (AoA/POA/TDOA)
- Hints and kinks performing measurements
- Rough estimation of measurement results
- Judging the results of the measurements
- Planning measurement campaigns
- Transfer of the learned skills to daily work