FM, DAB, TV and 5G Broadcast Antennas
The course is aimed at people working in the broadcast industry who want to get an understanding of the most important topics regarding broadcast antennas. It particularly covers the specifications of antenna components and the layout of broadcast antenna systems for Radio and TV (both analog and digital) in the VHF- and UHF-Band. Additional aspects of the training are methods to design broadcast antenna systems and how to calculate antenna pattern. Finally the training is rounded off by several examples for planning antenna systems for digital terrestrial radio (DAB) and digital terrestrial television (DTT). The course is presented in cooperation with Kathrein Broadcast GmbH.
After completing the course, participants will have an understanding of the engineering and system design methods of broadcast antennas as well as the technical terms and characteristics. Several practical examples will assist the participants to solidify the theoretical knowledge.
This course is intended for those who have a basic knowledge of radio communication technology, who are interested in broadcast antennas and who may be employed in broadcasters, network operators or regulators.
- Basics and technical terms of broadcast antennas
- Antenna radiators and their characteristics
- Broadcast antenna components and their characteristics
- Broadcast antenna systems design and pattern calculations methods
- Examples for planning of antenna systems for Digital Terrestrial Radio (DAB) and Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT)