DVB-T2 – Measurement Technology in Theory and Practice 07.-08.11.2024
This training course is aimed at those people working within the broadcast industry who have an interest in future development in terrestrial broadcasting. Participants will become familiar with the requirements, new features and consequences of DVB-T2 measurements compared to DVB-T. Beside the general aspects of digital broadcast measurements and measurement parameters the training provides interesting insights in practical demonstration of field measurements as well as receiver and transmitter tests. The training is presented in cooperation with Rohde & Schwarz.
After completing this course, delegates will understand the technology behind DVB-T2 measurements as well as all associated measurement parameters. Several practical demonstrations will solidify the theoretical knowledge.
This course is intended for those who have a basic knowledge of DVB-T2 technology, who are interested in DVB-T2 measurements and who may be employed in broadcasters, network operators or regulators.
- Basic of digital broadcast measurements (picture quality assessment, transport stream analysis, RF measurements)
- Basic RF measurement parameters in DTV (level, BER, MER, shoulder attenuation, impulse response)
- Repetition of DVB-T measurements
- DVB-T2 measurement technology (i.e. differences to DVB-T, T2-MI analysis, rotated constellations, PLP, SISO/MISO)
- Practical demonstration of different new T2 features (PLP, rotated constellations, SISO/MISO)
- DVB-T2 receiver test (theory and practical demonstration)
- DVB-T2 transmitter test (theory and practical demonstration)
- DVB-T2 field measurements, SFN measurements (theory and demonstration of a lab SFN)