Modern Broadcast Planning
The Training takes place in our headquarter in Lichtenau / Baden.
The course is aimed at those people working within broadcast industry and focused on the planning and regulation of audio and television broadcast networks. To be highly effective when conducting broadcast planning requires up-to date knowledge of latest trends and technologies. Detailed knowledge about the huge variety of planning functionalities is as important as information about the technologies themselves. This course will furnish planners with the skills they need for the complex tasks of modern broadcast planning in respect of coverage planning as well as in respect of considering coordination issues. The course uses a number of practical examples to illustrate the theory based on using LS telcom’s sophisticated broadcast planning tool.
After completing this course, participants will have a thorough under- standing of the more complex functions needed in the planning process. Many examples will be used to give detailed information about handling the special cases which can occur. The main focus of the course is digital networks.
This course is intended for those who have general knowledge of broadcast, who are interested in advanced broadcast planning and who may be employed in broadcasters, network operators or regulators.
- Broadcast introduction
- Wave propagation effects
- Propagation models basics
- Interference theory
- Coordination procedures
- Broadcast network analysis
- Digital Radio (DAB(+), DRM(+) etc.)
- Digital Television (DVB-T, DVB-T2, ISDB-T, ATSC, ATSC 3.0)
- Co-existence of DTT and other services (LTE/NR)
- Geneva 2006 Final Acts (Annex 2/Annex 4)
- Comparison of measurements (field measurements or remotely piloted aircraft measurements) with the calculated situation
- General future broadcast scenarios like 5G Broadcast