Broadcast Planning Exercises using CHIRplus_BC
This course provides a solid understanding of the design and planning of analog and digital broadcast networks using the LS telcom broadcast planning software CHIRplus_BC. The course follows the typical steps of radio network planning from selection of suitable sites and coverage planning to the compatibility checks with existing networks or international frequency plans. As well as theoretical explanations, much time is spent following practical exercises in the planning of broadcast networks using CHIRplus_BC to illustrate effects of different planning parameters and network configurations. The training will involve the usage of CHIRplus_BC and some case studies.
After the course, participants will have a good understanding of the design and engineering of broadcast networks as well as the capability to use the broadcast planning tool CHIRplus_BC in a very efficient way.
This course is intended for those who have a basic knowledge of broadcast planning and CHIRplus_BC tools usage, who are interested in broadcast planning exercises and who may be employed in broadcasters, network operators or regulators.
- Introduction of radio network planning
- Targets and procedures of radio network planning
- Active and passive interference calculations
- Frequency scan
- Coverage calculation
- Planning of analog and digital networks
- Analysis and optimization of broadcast networks
- Compatibility DTT vs. other services (e.g. LTE/NR)
- ...and a lot of hints and tricks